Buxus semp Ball 40-45cm
Buxus semp Ball 40-45cm
Buxus sempervirens - Description
- Latin Name: Buxus sempervirens
- Common Name: Common Boxwood
- Other Names: European Box, Box, Boxwood
- Indoors or Outdoor: Ideal for outdoor planting
- Size: Grows to a mature height of 1 to 5 meters, with a similar spread
Buxus sempervirens - Delivery
- Delivery Info: Your healthy Buxus sempervirens plant will be carefully packaged and shipped directly to your doorstep, ready for planting.
Buxus sempervirens - Characteristics
- Mature Size: Typically reaches a height of 1 to 5 meters with a similar spread.
- Evergreen or Deciduous: Evergreen, providing year-round green foliage.
- Preferred Position: Partial shade to full sun, but it can tolerate shade.
- Shape - Plant Characteristics: Compact, dense, and bushy growth with small, glossy green leaves.
- Hardy or Not Hardy: Extremely hardy and can withstand cold Irish winters.
- Diseases: Generally resistant to diseases, making it a low-maintenance choice.
Buxus sempervirens - Uses
- Uses in Garden: Perfect for creating hedges, topiaries, borders, or as a standalone ornamental shrub. Its dense foliage and versatility make it a valuable addition to any garden.
Buxus sempervirens - Planting Characteristics
- Preferred Planting Aspect: Full sun to partial shade.
- Frost Hardy: Yes, it is highly frost-hardy in Irish climates.
- Fast or Slow Growing: Slow to moderate growth rate.
- Pruning Advice: Prune in late spring or early summer to maintain shape and size.
Buxus sempervirens - Planting Instructions in an Irish Climate
- Sowing Time: Plant at any time of the year when the ground is not frozen.
- Instruction: Plant in well-draining soil, dig a hole twice the size of the root ball, place the plant, backfill, and water thoroughly.
- Trench Preparation: Not required for potted plants.
- Positioning of Plants: Plant in a sheltered spot, away from strong winds.
- Plant Spacing: Space plants 30 to 60 cm apart for hedging.
- Pruning: Regular pruning is essential to maintain the desired shape.
Facts About Buxus sempervirens
Common Boxwood (Buxus sempervirens) is a timeless and versatile addition to your garden. Its evergreen nature, slow growth, and adaptability to various conditions make it an excellent choice for both formal and informal garden designs. Whether used for creating neatly trimmed hedges or elegant topiaries, this hardy shrub is sure to add a touch of classic beauty to your outdoor space. Order yours today and enjoy the enduring charm of Buxus sempervirens.
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- Secure payments
We operate our own delivery service within 12km of the garden centre for €15, for this service we can deliver you any item from Windyridge.
Outside of this radius we out source couriers, we cannot unfortunately ship a lot of bulkier items such as large pots, composts and many of our more delicate living things.
An Post Delivery, Seeds & books - €1.50
Standard Parcel via An Post* €6.00
Local Delivery, 12km of Windyridge - €15.00
Pallet Nationwide** - €49.00**This will be automatically added to your cart for BBQ's and larger items