OLEA europea Std
OLEA europea Std
Olea europea Std - Description
- Latin Name: Olea europaea
- Common Name: Olive Tree
- Other Names: European Olive, Common Olive
- Indoors or Outdoor: Suitable for outdoor planting
- Size: Grows to a mature height of 2 to 8 meters.
Olea europea Std - Delivery
- Delivery Info: Your healthy Olea europea Std, or Olive Tree, will be carefully packaged and shipped directly to your doorstep, ready for planting.
Olea europea Std - Characteristics
- Mature Size: Typically grows to a height of 2 to 8 meters with a similar spread.
- Evergreen or Deciduous: Evergreen, providing year-round foliage and beauty.
- Preferred Position: Full sun. Olive trees thrive in full sunlight.
- Shape - Plant Characteristics: A small to medium-sized tree with a gnarled and twisted trunk, gray-green leaves, and small, fragrant white flowers that give way to olives.
- Hardy or Not Hardy: Hardy and well-suited to Irish climates.
- Diseases: Generally disease-resistant, but watch for common olive tree pests and diseases like olive knot and scale insects.
Olea europea Std - Uses
- Uses in Garden: Ideal for ornamental planting, producing your own olives, and providing a Mediterranean touch to your garden or landscape.
Olea europea Std - Planting Characteristics
- Preferred Planting Aspect: Requires full sun for optimal growth.
- Is it Frost Hardy: Yes, olive trees are frost hardy and can endure Irish winters.
- Fast or Slow Growing: Olive trees have a slow to moderate growth rate.
- Pruning Advice: Prune to maintain the desired shape, remove dead or diseased branches, and improve air circulation within the canopy.
Olea europea Std - Planting Instructions in an Irish Climate
- Sowing Time: Plant in the spring when the soil has warmed.
- Instruction: Plant in well-draining soil and ensure the root ball is level with the soil surface. Water regularly until established.
- Trench Preparation: Create a trench for irrigation if the soil has poor drainage.
- Positioning of Plants: Plant in a sunny, sheltered location to maximize sunlight and protect it from harsh winds.
- Plant Spacing: Space olive trees at least 4 to 8 meters apart to allow for their wide canopy.
- Pruning Instructions: Prune in late winter or early spring to shape the tree and remove dead or crowded growth.
- Facts About Products: Olive trees are not only a source of delicious olives but also add a touch of the Mediterranean to your garden. Their evergreen foliage and unique, twisted trunks make them a captivating addition to any landscape.
Enhance your garden's appeal and enjoy your own homegrown olives with the Olive Tree (Olea europea Std). Order now to add a Mediterranean flair to your outdoor space while benefiting from the beauty and utility of this classic tree.
- Low stock - 8 items left
- Inventory on the way
- Secure payments
We operate our own delivery service within 12km of the garden centre for €15, for this service we can deliver you any item from Windyridge.
Outside of this radius we out source couriers, we cannot unfortunately ship a lot of bulkier items such as large pots, composts and many of our more delicate living things.
An Post Delivery, Seeds & books - €1.50
Standard Parcel via An Post* €6.00
Local Delivery, 12km of Windyridge - €15.00
Pallet Nationwide** - €49.00**This will be automatically added to your cart for BBQ's and larger items